Why Organic Foods?

Organic food is produced by farmers who emphasize the use of renewable resources and the conservation of soil and water to enhance environmental quality for future generations.

Benefits of Organic Food

Richer in natural
Pesticide and
Preservative free
Environment friendly
Accredited by (NAB),
Govt of India

Our Story

Organicana started as an initiative to promote healthy, ecofriendly living in India and today, after completing an eventful year in this service

Our Products Are Available at


Simply put, organic has all the necessary goodness while keeping away the harmful elements at bay. Organic foods are better in taste because the natural state of the agricultural product remains intact. This is highly beneficial to us, as well as to the environment, as eco-friendly agricultural practices are employed in their production.
Organic Certification requires that a third-party certifying organization accredited by the Department of Agriculture has verified that a product meets the standards established by the National Programme for Organic Production (NPOP). It follows the National Standards for Organic Production (NSOP). The NPOP regulates all aspects of organic food production, including handling, labeling, processing, delivery and retail sale. It also accredits state agencies and private organizations to inspect and certify organic facilities.
Accreditation means Registration by the National Accreditation Body for certifying organic farms, products and processes as per the National Standards for Organic Products and as per the guidelines of the National Accreditation Policy and Programme for organic products.
No, not all organic products are the same. There are different categories of organic. In order to carry the NPOP Organic seal, a product must be at least 95% organic; that is, at least 95 percent of the ingredients used must be organic. The remaining 5% cannot include ingredients that are artificial, genetically modified organisms (GMOs), irradiated or grown in fields where sewage sludge is used as fertilizer. But they can include conventional (non-organic) items, only if an organic option for that product is not commercially available. Organicana offers many 100% organic honey.

Products that contain at least 70% certified organic ingredients may use the phrase “Made with organic ingredients,” but may not display the Organic seal on their package. Always consult the printed list of ingredients to determine the organic makeup of a product.
A food labeled 'natural' does not mean it is organic. The term 'Natural' only applies to the production which are minimally synthesized. Stringent standards do not exist for natural food products in many parts of the world. The accreditation agency does not object to the use of the term, provided the food does not contain added color, artificial flavors or synthetic substances. To be sure, always check the ingredients list and look for the listing of Certified Organic ingredients.

Our Brands


It caters to organic food domain. The food products certified under NPOP(India Organic) and NOP(USDA Organic) are produced,processed and packaged under Organicana brand.


It caters to Natural Food domain. All the food products grown without the use of pesticides are produced and packaged under Naturoday brand. Though grown organically the Naturoday products do not have organic certifications. The 1st and 2nd year conversion crops for organic productions are also labelled under Naturoday.

© 2016, M/s Appkin. All Rights Reserved.